Marvel at the spectacle of a truly pristine wilderness as you explore stunning El Calafate to Argentina’s Glaciares National Park and view (or ice trek) the astonishing Perito Moreno Glacier, before heading onwards to picture perfect El Chalten. For adventurous travelers, head over to Chilean Patagonia for an exciting adventure at Torres del Paine.
• Try your hand at fly-fishing
• Take a day to explore the azure ice formations of Perito Moreno Glacier on a specialized 5-hour private trek with your guide, getting further into the deep blues of the glacier.
• Marvel at the incredible Mt.Fitz Roy and hike the famous Fitz Roy Trek.
• Stay at far flung estancias and lodges, deep in the awe-inspiring Patagonian landscape.
• Head to El Calafate and kayak along the edge of breathtaking Upsala Glacier, while staying overnight at a century old-farm.
• For adventurous travelers, head over to Chilean Patagonia for an exciting adventure at Torres del Paine.
when to GO
OCTOBER TO APRIL
10+ days to 2 weeks
Buenos Aires (capital)
hotels we love
Nothing but the best. Browse our handpicked, tried and tested Patagonia hotels.
Eolo - relais & Chateaux (TOP PICK!)
EOLO embodies the spirit of Patagonia, its indigenous roots, the personal experiences of the first European and criollo settlers and those of the adventurers from across the world who still head for this legendary land today. This magical lodge is located on an estate that stretches over 4,000 hectares near El Calafate, on the route to the Perito Moreno glacier. Here, nothing can disturb the tranquility. Visit the hotel website.
estancia cristina, lago argentino
Accessible only by boat, and set right in the heart of Argentina’s Los Glaciares National Park, this wonderful remote setting on the shores of Lake Argentina is one of the most beautiful and untouched corners of Patagonia. Estancia Cristina offers an exclusive Patagonian experience, virgin wilderness to explore on foot, horseback and 4×4, including access to the Upsala Glacier. Visit the hotel website.
Aguas Arriba Lodge, near El chalten
One of the most special places in Argentinian Patagonia, Aguas Arriba Lodge is a remote mountain lodge offering guaranteed peace and isolation. With views of hanging glaciers and the impressive Mount Fitz Roy from its windows, it’s an idyllic spot for relaxing and doing some superb walking. Visit the hotel website.
The esplendor, el calafate
Perched on a hill, and centrally located in the town of El Calafate, the Esplendor El Calafate is another good quality hotels that has opened downtown. The cavernous entry hall is the first thing that impresses, along with the comfortable dining and sitting area, all with superb views of the city, Andes Mountains and Argentino Lake. Visit the hotel website.
eolo – patagonia’s spirit hotel, el calafate, Argentina
Thank you, Marie-France for putting together such a wonderful trip to Argentina.