Mexico is so much more than mariachis, tequila, spring break, guacamole, and tacos. It is a country rich with history, fascinating culture, dense jungles, sprawling beaches and fabulous food. Whether you’re interested in roaming the grounds of startling ruins, laying out on the white sands of the country’s many resort beaches or going snorkeling off the waters of the Yucatan peninsula, there is something for every discerning traveler.
• Mexico City is the throbbing, overpopulated, heart of the country with an amazing central plaza, plus excellent restaurants and the immense ruins of Teotihuacan close by.
• Explore the colonial pleasures of Oaxaca, the mountain setting of San Miguel de Allende, or the classic haciendas and cobblestone streets of Guadalajara and Merida.
• Outside of the urban centres, Mexico’s Mayan ruins are incredible—visit the sacred sites of Tulum and Chichen Itza.
• Along the Mayan Riviera are perfect swathes of sandy beaches with excellent reef and cave diving.
• Trek in the exotic southern jungle, Palenque is the largest of the Mayan ruins and is an incredible sight backed by the Chiapan mountains.
• Swim with whale sharks and relax on Isla Holbox. This sleepy, car-free island off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula is ideal for relaxing on white-sand beaches.
• Experience the ultimate spa experience at a natural cenote combined with an authentic Temazcal ceremony.
• For an epic adventure, travel to the remote north to Copper Canyon (deeper than its more famous brother across the border), which can be traversed by train (affectionately known as ‘El Chepe’).
• Head to the Pacific Coast, base yourself in the luxury outpost of Baja California and get up close and personal to grey whales or check out the wilder south around Puerto Escondido where surfing is the main sport.
when to go
Between Nov and June when the weather is temperate. Other months can uncomfortably hot & rainy.
Between 1 and 3 weeks is ideal, depending on the depth you’re looking for.
Spanish, Nahuatl, English.
USD and PESOS
Flights from North America usually arrive directly into Mexico City. There are many direct flights to Cancun, and other destinations are easily accessible through a short domestic flight.
top locations in mexico
BAJA CALIFORNIA | COLONIAL MEXICO | LOS CABOS | mexico city | OAXACA | PUEBLA | puerto vallarta
PUNTA DE MITA | RIVIERA MAYA, TULUM & CANCUN | san miguel de allende | YUCATAN PENINSULA
Haciendas and villas ~ Unique places
With extraordinary locations – from magical jungles, paradisiacal beaches, and colonial villas – you’ll find our private collection of Haciendas and villas. Chosen because of their history and the charm they keep within them, each location has been meticulously restored, preserving its original architecture while incorporating modern comforts to create a contrast between the past and the present. Exquisite atmospheres for unique experiences, the properties in our portfolio are the perfect context for retreats, family gatherings, and any special occasion, for couple or friends.
PRIVATE LUXURY VILLAS AND RESIDENCES
We work tirelessly to source only the most prestigious vacation homes and luxury villa rentals for our discerning clients. These exclusive villas span across the Riviera Maya as well as Cancun, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Mita, Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, and Acapulco. What we offer once you’ve chosen your destination is simple: the lavish luxury of an unprecedented level.
LUXURY HOTELS IN MEXICO
From five-star city hotels to deluxe beach resorts, luxury hotels in Mexico include some of the most spectacular properties in the world. Although many of our top luxury hotels bear the familiar names of the Four Seasons, St. Regis, Starwood and Rosewood, Mexico also boasts incredible local luxury with unique and upscale properties managed by the finest hoteliers Mexico has to offer.
Hotels we love in mexico
Nothing but the best. Browse the hotels that can feature in your bespoke Mexico itinerary.
Carretera Cancún – Tulum km 265, Xpu-Ha, Quintana Roo 77750
Hotel Esencia, once the beachside villa of an Italian duchess, is set on a secluded 50-acre estate of lush gardens on pristine Xpu-Ha beach. This delightful Mayan Riviera refuge has five rooms, two villas, 33 suites, an organic spa and two authentic farm-to-table restaurants offering the flavors of the Yucatán. You’ll find coral reefs, multicolored fish and giant sea turtles, all only steps from the resort’s quiet beach. Visit the hotel website.
Calle Igualdad, Holbox, , Mexico
The island of Holbox is a tiny spit of land off the Yucatán Peninsula, laced with sand roads. As soon as Cuban-born artist Sandra Pérez arrived, she knew she wanted to stay for good, so she created a retreat that would feel more like a residence than a formal hotel. CasaSandra, the 20-room result, is spread out among seven oceanfront buildings. Palapas are sprinkled along the beach, and the water’s edge is 50 uninterrupted steps away. Visit the hotel website.
an extraordinary holiday.
tailored to you.
Inspired by our love for the land and culture of the Maya, we curate bespoke journeys to discover the authentic Maya world, its nature vestiges and most treasured secrets. With the help of our little black book, we offer our discerned clients, unrivaled access to chic haciendas, private estates, and extraordinary boutique hotels with added perks and amenities.
So, what are you waiting for?
Let’s plan your trip! We look forward to getting started on your bespoke Mexico itinerary.