Photos courtesy of: Rosa Alpina & Dolomite Mountains
The Dolomites is one of the most beautiful, and under the radar, places in Italy. Breathtaking in winter, they offer a pristine mountain landscape blanketed with snow. These incredible peaks and long valleys provide extraordinary terrain for winter sports and winter enthusiasts. In summer the Dolomites come alive. Hiking, biking, trail running, rock climbing, and, of course, climbing the infamous via ferrata – the Dolomite Mountains have it all! Add to that, refined Venetian and South Tyrolean towns, luxurious accommodations, hidden mountain inns – or rifugi (as they are called there), and delicious local cuisine, for the perfect holiday.
The Dolomites highlights
Browse below for our top experiences that can feature in your bespoke Dolomites itinerary.
• In winter, Alta Badia’s vast skiable terrain, ranked among the world’s top ski destinations, offers variety for every level both ski and snowboard enthusiasts.
• Boasting over 5,000 vertical feet of skiable terrain, lift-service and off-piste adventures at the number one ski resort in the world.
• Countless miles of backcountry trails, and almost 800-miles of groomed cross-country tracks, the world-renowned Dolomiti are a winter sports paradise.
• Other winter activities include: snowshoeing, ice climbing, ski touring, cross-country skiing and sledging.
• Summer brings exciting outdoor adventure with hiking, mountain biking, trail running, rock climbing, climbing the infamous “via ferrata” and golf.
hotels we love
Nothing but the best. Browse the hotels below to see how handpicked hotels that may feature in our bespoke Dolomites itinerary.
Discover the essence of quiet glamour, great service and the epitome of alpine charm at the Rosa Alpina, a rustic-luxe hotel located in the village of San Cassiano, with only 750 inhabitants and home to a rich Laden culture and a consequently authentic South Tyrolean experience. For dining, choose between enjoy an informal and family dining experience as well as Michelin-starred cuisine. Visit the hotel website.
Virtuoso Amenities for your stay
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Buffet breakfast for up to two in room guests
$100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in/Late checkout, subject to availability
san lorenzo mountain lodge
It all begins along an enchanting little road that snakes through the woods towards San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge, a former hunting lodge dating from the sixteenth century whose warm and reassuring atmosphere is intergrated harmoniously into the unspoiled forests of Val Pusteria. Georgia and Stefano’s passion for restoring the residence’s former glory has given us today a jewel of rare and refined beauty unique in the Dolomites. Visit the hotel website.
A few words from the owners of San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge.
“We want to share flavors that have been forgotten.
That are born of our land.
That are hidden in our sea.
That derive from the ancient wisdom of our ancestors.
From the knowledge and beauty that Italy has given us.”